CHEN Yiming 陈一鸣
JIE Min 揭敏
YUAN Peng 袁鹏
WU Youjin 吴有金
LI Wendong 李文东
ZANG Zhihong 臧智宏
ZHU Yuxin 朱育新
XIE Bingpeng 颉秉鹏
LIAO Jianhui 廖建辉
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about USTCAF sub funds.
What is a Sub Fund?
The AF allows the special designation of incoming donations under the various "sub fund" label, each sub fund can have a manager, who can direct the usage of donations made under its name, subject to a number of AF rules.
Over the years, the AF has accumulated over 200 sub funds, many active in all of our various award programs. The detailed information about each sub fund is available to all of our members in our web-based accounting system, including:
- Fund Balances (current, previous year)
- Fund Activities (pledges, donations, and awards)
The various sub funds are set up for various purposes, such as:
- Classmates getting together to support future students in the same department, such as "812 fund" or "Future Chemist Fund".
- Goodwill funds, supporting economically challenged students and cover their living expenses for all 4 years.
- Memorial Funds, set up for future scholarships in the names of certain unexpectedly deceased alumni
If you are interested in setting up a sub fund for a certain purpose, please let us know and we'll be happy to discuss with you about the process. The AF does not charge any fees for managing sub funds, all donations go to award/scholarship recipients.
To access the web-based accounting system, you need to be a member and apply for an account along the way, if you follow the on-screen instructions. If you run into any problem, please be sure to contact us.
More information about sub funds can be found in our Sub Fund FAQ page.