BOARD RESOLUTION OF
UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OF CHINA ALUMNI FOUNDATION
WHEREAS, The University of Science and Technology of China Alumni Foundation (USTCAF) is a Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation, incorporated in the State of Delaware, qualified pursuant to the provisions of Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3), and
WHEREAS, The USTCAF has defined its membership qualification initially as Exhibit A in the bylaws adopted in 2016, which was subsequently amended in late 2023; and
WHEREAS, the amended membership qualification refers to a Membership Agreement, which shall be observed by both the members and USTCAF the organization; and
NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, the USTCAF hereby adopts the following membership agreement:
This Membership Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into by University of Science and Technology of China Alumni Foundation (USTCAF, or “ORGANIZATION”) and each of its members (“MEMBER”), and comes into effect as of the date the MEMBER’s membership takes effect.
As of part of membership, the MEMBER will receive the following benefits:
- Participate in member meetings to elect board directors, as well as to submit formal proposals to the ORGANIZATION.
- Receive communications from the ORGANIZATION with information on programs, progress, and other matters.
- Submit suggestions for the improvement of the ORGANIZATION.
- Participate in selected programs of the ORGANIZATION.
The annual dues for membership is $10, or one can become a member by donating $20 or more.
The Member agrees that they will not:
- Reproduce or disseminate any confidential information received from the ORGANIZATION, such as identities and application materials from program applicants and participants.
- Share with non-MEMBERS or in any public setting, inappropriate, inaccurate, disparaging, or offensive information or opinion about the ORGANIZATION.
The Member will not hold the Organization liable for any tangible or intangible damage that might happen to them while participating in the membership.
The Member agrees that the Organization cannot guarantee any results from their membership. Any negative or positive results that might occur during the membership are the result of the Member’s own personal choices.
The Organization will not share any contact or personal information about the Member with other members, non-members or any third parties.
The Organization has a right to terminate the Member’s membership if any of the terms and the conditions of this Agreement are violated. The Member can terminate their membership at any point and for any reason.
By submitting a donation pledge form to the ORGANIZATION, or taking any other action which clearly states the requirement of agreeing to this Agreement, MEMBERs confirms that they have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions outlined in this Agreement.
Special Note: this resolution was proposed by Steven Li, seconded by John Hu, during the board meeting held on Nov 3, 2023, and was duly passed.